Qateel Shifai Poetry with Images
Qateel Shifai Biography
Date of Bith – 24 December 1919
Birth Place – British India ( Now Pakistan)
Father Name – Muhammad Aurangzeb (He is a Businessman)
Background – Hindkowan
Takhallus – Qateel and Shifai the honor of his teacher Hakeem Muhammad Yahya Shifa Khanpuri
1930 his father was dead and he decided to quit his education after that he started a sports goods shop but unsuccessful in his business. he decided to move from his village to Rawalpindi city where he started a transport company.
Qateel Shifai family has no poetry background, he showed his poetry to his teacher for correction and advice, 1947 he joined the Pakistan film industry as a film lyricist.
In 1946 Nazir Ahmad called him to come to Lahore for the assistant editor work, his 1st Urdu ghazal was published in the Lahore,
In 1948 his first lyrics film released “Teri Yaad” in Pakistan, his film lyricist period from 1948 to 1955. He is highly successful full lyricist of Pakistan
2500 film songs and 20 collections of verse were published in Pakistan and India.201 Songs he wrote for Pakistan and Indian films.
In 1994 he Received the “Pride of Performance” Award for his contribution to the literature by the Govt-of-Pakistan also India given him the “Amir Khusro” award.
Pakistan Film Industry has given the “Special Millennium Nigar Award” for his lifetime contributions, also he received the “Abbasin Arts Council Award”, “Adamjee Literary Award”, “Naqoosh Award” from Pakistan.
Qateel Shifai poetry has been translated many languages including English, Chinese, Gujrati, Russian and Hindi.
In 1970 Qateel Shifai first film produced in his mother language (Hindko) which was named “Qissa Khawani” and released in 1980.
- 1999 – Bade Dilwala (Lyricist)
- 1999 – Yeh Hai Mumbai Mari Jaan (Lyricist)
- 1997 – Auzaar (Lyricist)
- 1996 – Tamanna (as Qateel Shifai)
- 1995 – Naajayaz (Lyricist) (as Qateel Shifai)
- 1994 – Naaraz (as Qateel Shifai)
- Hum Hain Bemisaal (as Qateel Shifai)
- 1993 – Tahqiqaat (lyricist) (as Cratil Sipahi)
- 1993 – Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee (lyricist) (as Qateel Shifai)
- 1993 – Sir (lyricist) (as Qateel Shifai)
- 1983 – Painter Babu (lyricist)
- 1981 – Kudrat (One Title Song Lyricist Only)
- 1975 – Shireen Farhad (lyricist)
- 1965 – Naila (lyricist)
- 1964 – Haveli (lyricist)
- 1958 – Zehr-E-Ishq (lyricist)
- 1956 – Intezar (lyricist)
- 1955 – Qatil (lyricist)
- 1954 – Gumnaam (work as a junior lyricist)
- 1953 – Gulnaar (assistant lyricist)
- 1948 – Teri Yaad (assistant lyricist) (First Pakistan Released film)
11 July 2001 he died in Lahore Punjab Pakistan after his death Govt-of-Pakistan changes the Lahore street name where Qateel Shifai was lived, now the street name is “Qateel Shifai Street“.
Haripur city also changed his sector name to Mohalla Qateel Shifai.
May You Also Like – Parveen Shakir Poetry in Urdu
Qateel Shifai Poetry Collections
Please Share It With Your Friends and Family.